During the webinar, we discussed one example of implementation and migration of applications to the Microsoft Azure cloud in a large company from the energy and heating industry. The project has been carried out by our IT architects, discussed it as a case study. The main topic was related to the business and technical challenges related to this implementation.
In the practical part, we showed, how to go step-by-step from the on-prem architecture to the cloud in a company with extensive processes. We went the entire path of decisions, which in the end led to the fact, that the company has completely replaced the physical infrastructure with the Software as a Service (Saas) architecture.
IN THE TECHNICAL AREA, WE COVERED THE FOLLOWING ISSUES:
• Should you maintain an on-premise solution?
• Choosing a cloud provider and adopting the “Platform as a Service” approach
• Conway’s Law in Architecture
• Service Fabric vs Kubernetes, or what the cloud facilitates and where creates challenges?
• How to choose a database?
• Cloud provider does not support my technology? What to do?
• Regional challenges – what challenges may arise when implementing a geographically dispersed application?
• Maciej Zagozda – Lead Azure Architect (TTMS)
• Adam Zięty – Lead Software Engineer (TTMS)
• Piotr Martyński – Azure Senior Developer (TTMS)
Do you have any questions? Write to us!
This page uses cookie files in statistical, advertising and functional purposes. You can accept the cookie files or disable them in browser settings.